Website NewAge Products
Premium cabinets and customizable home storage solutions to improve your living space. NewAge Products makes it easy for you to enjoy life, in its place.
NewAge Products Inc. (NAP), headquartered in Vaughan, is a manufacturer and distributor of premium Garage, Outdoor Kitchen and Home Bar Categories. As one of the primary leaders in our industry, we provide our customers with new and innovative storage and lifestyle products that are of superior quality and competitively priced to meet consumer’s needs and budget. Our products are sold through major retailers such as Home Depot, Costco, Amazon, Wayfair, Sam’s Club, Walmart, and more as well as our own e-commerce channel.
In the 28th annual PROFIT 500, NewAge is ranked 31st overall in Canada, for its five-year revenue growth of 2493%, 7th overall in the manufacturing industry, and 1st within PROFIT 500’s ranking of companies with 50+ million in sales!
NewAge Products is looking for a driven, self-starter to join our team as a Database Administrator in a full time capacity. The position will work from Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
• Flag and troubleshoot all EDI issues as they occur
• Lead IT infrastructure development and provide system and hardware recommendations
• Manage the relationship with 3rd party IT provider in addition to SAP BUSINESS ONE
• Administrator of SAP BUSINESS ONE master data which includes vendor, customer, product, and user data
• Oversee and provide guidance to third party EDI provider. This includes ensuring that projects are being work in sequence and based on priority
• Report out and chair data governance meetings
• Manage ERP upgrade project and make recommendations
• Monitor server use from back end to assist with determining root cause of system slowdowns and interruptions
• Troubleshoot poor performance of queries and overall system. Based on findings, provide recommendations for process improvement
• Make recommendations to improve overall disk space
• Develop and maintain business process flows related to NewAge’s database i.e. procedures to create new SKU’s etc.
• Maintain and update UDF’s and UDT’s in SAP BUSINESS ONE as required i.e. add restriction to prevent invalid character input
• Monitor, collect statistical information, and provide reporting on capacity and system performance
• Based on statistics, make recommendations to maintain and improve capacity and system performance
Experience & Education
• Successful completion of a University Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, systems analysis, or a related study; or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technical Design and Architecture
• Experience in developing resilient and robust architectures for large and complex implementations, building conceptual, logical and solution architectures for evolving and steady state business needs, providing architecture oversight during implementation, solution design, involving core ERP, Trade, Financial, Planning, EDI, Tax, B2B, and B2C applications and or data integration, subject to specific role requirement
• Proven experience in overseeing the linking of cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems.
• Enterprise and project level data architecture and design expertise, including database base design, relational and dimensional modelling, data, data quality and data architecture principles, policies and standards
• Ability to analyze complex business processes, understands system operations, identify system performance and reliability considerations, and motivate a team to implement required solutions.
• Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
• Strong understanding of Demand Management and Software Deployment Life Cycles
• Ability to recognize priorities and guide others towards the accomplishment of business goals and objectives.
• Ability to handle complex business problems within the context of technical solutions
• Able to communicate easily and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders and at all levels of management including the executive leadership team
• SQL language and server expertise
• Knowledge of relational database design and management techniques.
• 5+ years of leading ERP related projects at an enterprise level
• 5+ years of involvement in architecture or development in EDI projects
• 5+ years working on setting up databases hands-on or with a database developer to support an ERP systems
Nice to have:
• 5+ years of DBA experience with SAP BUSINESS ONE database
• Working experience with SAP BUSINESS ONE Business One
• Experience in working with database technologies like SAP BUSINESS ONE HANA, DB2 and Oracle
• Experience working in an IT environment with hardware system deployments and setting up databases
• Experience in an Ecommerce backend environment
• Experience or knowledge of ABAP, Java, .NET or any other programming languages.
• Competency with XML constructs and schemas.
• Confidence and experience with API protocols and schemas such as SOAP and REST.
• Salary is based on experience and highly competitive for the right candidate.
• Employee benefits package.
• Free Parking and office perks (Free snacks, company lunches, social events).
• A role within a rapidly growing organization, well established in its industry
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with an explanation as to why you would be a great fit for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NewAge Products is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com